Photograph of people in front of a location, identified as the Hardy's store in White Bear Lake. Back caption: "Center store, marked feed store, was the original Daniel Getty store that stood R. R. Park opposite St. Paul and Duluth Depot. Exterior view of block facing north, on Third St., between Baning and Cook Avenues, 1905, including feedstore and grocery store. Built by Daniel Getty in 1870, and grocery store built by R. Brachvogel. The Getty building moved to this location from Third St. and Clark Ave., to make way for the new Getty block."
|Place||White Bear Lake, Minnesota|
Business and Industry
People of Minnesota
St. Paul Company
Online Facebook ("Old Saint Paul" group) comment from Jim Sazevich (3.21.2017):
"About half of the wealthy citizens of St. Paul spent much of their summers at White Bear Lake, one of our oldest St. Paul suburbs, and the other half at Lake Minnetonka in Hennepin County. The people in the photo are likely killing time until the train arrives standing in front of the Hardy Grocery in White Bear. Maxim Joseph Hardy and his wife operated the store for many years. The posted photo was likely taken around 1895 - 1900."